Pageviews from the past week

Thursday 21 July 2011

Life as Narrative?

I graduated yesterday, still would have rather slept in than woke up to go there. Was an interesting day though, met Imran Khan, he looked pretty bored though, gave quite the speech, he should consider motivational speaking if he doesn't already do it.

I met someone I worked with/worked for yesterday while I was at Uni. Was probably the highlight of the day, she seems (I say seems cause it isn't like I know her outside working with her) like a genuinely nice person. Not too many people like that.

Anyways, having spare time I get a lot of time to read among other things. I did miss reading things other than university related crap. I read some stuff related to life, came across life as narrative.

I guess if my life is a narrative, am I the hero the in this my story? Maybe I'm the villain in someone else's story? More than likely I'm an extra who doesn't really contribute anything to this story. I guess I could be the troubled protagonist (but surely, wouldn't everyone play this role?). I don't know, over thinking things I guess. Gotta' keep myself occupied somehow.

Job hunting is......happening, just keep applying, somewhat stressful though. I'm doing what I can. Gotta' keep applying, surely something will come up. Mind some people define insanity as doing the same thing and expecting a different result. By that logic I should stop looking for work. That isn't even an option.

I'm enjoying sleep much more than usual, I think it's because when I'm sleeping I don't have to think about anything or anyone. When I wake up, I want to carry on sleeping, even when I'm not tired. Sadly my dreams are really mundane, I mean why would I dream about things I do on a regular basis like running errands or having a shower? Tempted to start trying to lucid dream again, I've had success with it before. I think I stopped trying because I'd have amazing dreams and then I'd wake up and life in comparison to my dreams just weren't the same. How could it be? I was dreaming and I could do anything I wanted, when I was awake I was just me. I'm not sure if lucid dreaming was worth the come down if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I think I'm done talking crap. I don't have anything else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment